Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sporty and "normal"

Hello again my friends!

It´s been a nice and odd week; no travelling! Just going to work and doing normal stuff (what ever normal is...).

On Wednesday night we had dinner with my management team, which was nice but nothing special. There is a story attached, thou: I recommended my favourite restaurant close to the office, The Foresters, for the dinner and when our team assistant called the place to book a table, introduced herself as Tiina from Nokia, they just said "oh no, don´t call us again!", which of course left Tiina stunned and shocked! She asked me "what the hell???" I got worried that as I have been there now a few times having working lunches, I´ve managed to upset them somehow (so typical of me...). I asked my assistant, who usually books the table, to call the place and ask, what the problem was. She then reports back to me that there is no problem but there had been some confusion etc... At this stage Tiina refuses to call the place again and we start looking for another alternatives. I keep insisting that the food is really good in Foresters and that I don´t want to loose it and so we finally decide to go there. Once we there, the owner comes to us, placing a cushion on his backside so that we can kick him :)) He apologises a hundred times and explained that he had had calls all morning from local telephone companies trying to sell internet connection upgrades and what have you, and when he heard the word "Nokia", he was sure it was someone trying to sell him something again!! He was really sorry and wanted to make sure I wouldn´t stop coming there in the future. We ended up being friends again and Tiina actually got a nice bottle of red wine to take home.

The big news is that I´ve been to the gym 3 times this week!! And going for a good 1hr walk. That is an achievement. I´m actually quite getting into doing excercise. The only challenge is to get into the routine. But for now, I will try to get rid of any excuses to go for aerobics etc. and just do it. It´s also interesting to see how different the teachers are; ranging from lousy to very inspiring. Interesting...

Another big achievement of the week was that I was doing a bit of cleaning up in the flat! My track record in house keeping is really not very credible for some who dreams to be an academic house wife... I´m sure I´ll learn to love it...?

I have also decided not to drink for a month. I did go out to London night last night and kept my resolution and just had diet Cokes. I had great sushi dinner with my Spanish friend Esther and a new colleague of ours, Cecil from France, at a Japanese restaurant called Itsu in Soho. They have a sushi conveyor, love it! After that we went to a night club at Piccadilly Circus, Jewels (the same where we were at new year´s). I didn´t stay long as I wanted to catch the last train and to be honest, night clubbing is not the same if you´re sticking with diet Cokes...

Today (sunday 13.2.06) I went up to London again to hang out with Ester; bought a pile of DVD´s, had a nice chinese lunch and then went to see the movie "Walk the line". Joaquin Phoenix was a amazing!

So nothing really exciting but that´s good for a change. I need to catch my breath for a while. Next two weeks are nice as I will stay most of the time here in London (that is next two weekends). Now on Tuesday I will fly to Stockholm for a day and that´s it, really. Quite looking forward hanging out here and get settled in a bit more.

Have a nice week yourself and Happy Valentine´s (I´ll be dining with my team mates in Stockholm then :)

Love, Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home