Thursday, February 16, 2006

Movies and St. Valentine´s

On Monday13.2.06 went to the movies, again. This time took the train to Hammersmith, had dinner with two ladies from work and saw Brokeback Mountain, yes the one with gay cowboys, http://www.brokebackmountainmovie.com/splash.html. I´m sure it is very controversial in the USA but in Europe it´s nothing more than a beatifully shot, nice love story. Nice, but just nice. The interesting bit of the evening was that we actually first went to a wrong room in the cinema; once we saw that they were going to show "Walk the Line", we rushed out and found our room. "Walk the Line" was a good movie but not good enough to be seen twice in a row :)

Coming back from the movies reminded me again how annoying the public transportation can be here; it took me at least 1 hour for an trip that should have taken 30min... Really annoying for a small town girl who´s used to driving and parking right outside the shops.

On Tuesday 14.2., the Valentine´s Day, I had a really busy day in the office and then flew to Stockholm in the evening. I had the pleasure of dining with 2 charming guys, Mika and Afdhel, who both work in my team. So unfortunately nothing romantic but the dinner at Hotel Lydmar was very nice.

On Wednesday, had all-day meeting with the local marketing team and then rushed back to the airport etc. In the plane I did a mistake, which I´ve usually have learned to avoid these days; I looked in my calendar for the next couple of months and got so haunted... never look for more that a week ahead, otherwise the anxiety is just too much. In March, I will not be home (UK) for 5 weekends and most of the weeks I´ll be travelling as well... :( Ok, I have to be fair, 3 out of those weekends will be in Finland. But still, bye-bye settling in to England.

Anyway, looking forward to the next coming 2 weekends, which I will have the pleasure to spend here in the UK. Nice!

Take care darlings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home