Sunday, May 07, 2006

Home sweet home

After couple of odd days in UK, I flew back to Finland on Wed 3.5.06. On Thu the 4t I had a few meetings at Nokia House in Espoo and then in the evening I drove to my own sweet little home in Salo. God how I love this place!

Friday 5.5.06 was a maintenance day meaning a visit to a hairdresser and a facial.

In the evening 5 old friends of mine from the business school had invited themselves for a visit. They are a great bunch of people and we had a great time. Couple of them arrived quite late by train from Helsinki and we went to meet&greet them at the station welcoming them with a big hug and a bottle of brandy :)


Jussi, Pia and Anne getting ready for some sophisticated wining and dining



Meet and greet at the train station; Mira, Pia, Anne, Jussi

Evening continued at the terrace, laughing so hard it hurt.. Mira, Pia, Anne, Petteri, Mama, Jussi

Most of the guys stayed overnight so the following morning was easy with a lay-in and a late breakfast, followed by some shopping with the girls (found a really nice pair of teeny jeans...).

In the evening I was just talking to a new interesting friend for a couple of hours over the phone, and working on the house.

On Sunday 7.5.06 I drove to Kiikala for my cousin's doughter's 8th birthday and saw all the family. They live in this big, old country house with a huge garden. It is really beatiful and idyllic.

The girls + Aleksi on the swing


The whole weekend was really warm with temperatures up to +25C. Finland is absolutely beatiful at this time of the year and I was in heaven working in the garden planting a rose, cutting down some bushes, seeding some more lawn, ordering 10m3 of stones(!) and just relaxing in my hammock. I felt truly truly happy! Can't wait to get back here and really live in my house. I miss it so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home