Team sailing
We arrived for lunch, which was followed by few ours of team exercises and then almost relaxing in the hotel spa... We had booked massages for 6pm, 25min each, but as our meeting was running just a tiny bit late, we all got about a 10min massage. What a tease!!! We were all so frustrated; just when you got your top off, the whole thing was already over :(( We felt like they really should have been bit more flexible, or at least made it clearer that we cannot be late at all!!! Veeeeery frustrating!!!
The situation was then totally saved by checking into our rooms; this is what I call luxury! I´ve never had a suite with 3 flat screen TVs (one in the bathroom, of course)!. Absolutely beatifull decoration, own huge terrace with sunbeds and little fontain, a complimentary bottle of champagne and box of chocolate and a freaking Bang&Olufsen sound system both in the loundge and bedroom...!! I was so impressed. Afterwards I did feel bit embarrased as I was told that I got the best room in the hotel as I was marked down as the leader of the group and so a VIP, apparently very typical English way of treating people. Not that the other rooms were not absolutely fantastic - the best that English countryside has to offer. The service was excellent as well, very considerate, thoughfull and professional. We´re soooo lucky!
Me documenting the bathroom - sad or what!
Me and Caroline then walked down to the beach. Beatifull and so calming! I´m so thrilled and happy that spring is here, with more light and longer days. You can really feel the energy rushing back - YES YES YES YES!!!! I start to feel alive, again, bit by bit.
The dinner was a very pleasant experience as well. We were first seated in the beatiful and cosy bar with an open fire, served drinks and then taken our orders. As the food was ready, we were asked to move to our table. The main courses were served from beatifull silver trolleys - you can´t get much more elegant than that.


On Tuesday morning, we were picked up by a taxi to go to our action bit of the team building; sailing from Hamble. Nobody had any experience of sailing, so we took our time to go through all the briefings by our instructor. But we finally got to the sea. The weather was not on our side and due to heavy wind we ended up just circeling around the harbour area practising couple of basic things. In despite of the weather, I think everyone enjoyed the experience and fresh air, and I think some understood what the Finnish attiture "there is no bad weather, just bad clothing" means :)
We had lunch at the pub in the marina and continued our team session with going through our MBTI results and learnings, read more here: http://www.myersbriggs.org/ and do the test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm. I´m apparently ESFP.
Then it was time to head back home, switch on the mobiles again and start mini meetings at the back of the taxi... or some taking a little nap after the fresh air poisoning :)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home