Back to "normal", what ever that is...?
Hello again my dear friends (or those who still are reading this - hola Masha, moi Marja, Pia! :))
I was supposed to fly to Hamburg on my last holiday weekend to check out another one of our Trends events but with all the fuss and hassle at the airports, I decided to cancel my trip. Which meant two things: 1) I wound not see Anni and Hans, my "German parents"; the lovely couple I stayed with when lived for a year in Germany early 90´s. When ever I go to Germany, I try to visit them as they are getting old and I love them to pieces. 2) I would have a very quiet weekend as my friends are still on hols. Which was not all bad after such an active holiday. I went for long walks wandering around London, had some retail therapy, bit of rollerblading, watched 4 DVDs (with all the bonus materials!) ... even did some cleaning and washing up. It was a good chance to wind down and get ready for going back to work.
Monday 14.8. - first day at work. Best ever, must confess. I had such a lovely and long holiday that I felt I had been away for 6 months and was really ready and happy to go back and see everyone and get back in action. I even started to irritate myself as I was being so cheerful and happy at the office! I was also lucky that the couple of first days at the office were not too hectic and I had a nice and gentle start.
I had left my car at the office car park for the 4 weeks so I needed a lift back. The same colleague that had given me a ride back going to hols, was kind enough to drive me back as well. It was hilarious; we both went on hols feeling miserable being Bridget Jones´s and we both came back having found someone special into our lives. We were comparing notes like only girls can! Both feeling over the top and happy-happy-happy. It´s amazing how life takes these turns and changes just like that.
On Tuesday 15.8., after a days work in the office, I met my friend with the summer house in Kokkila, Leena, for dinner in Notting Hill (at Churchill´s Arms http://www.london-eating.co.uk/360.htm, great food but bad service; they give you an hour to eat and then you´re out - yes, it is that popular...). She was here for work, shooting some campaign. She also has found someone special in her life and this time we were comparing notes on surviving a long-distance relationship. Tricky!
On Wednesday we had a all-day team meeting at the office. It was good to have everyone back and together again. I have a great team with great skills and great personalities. The best. We also welcomed a new team member, Jeff, on board. I ended up giving him a lift back to London and having dinner with him around the corner from my place. A very nice place with Spanish type of menu and great service, Kensington Place, http://www.restaurant-guide.com/details/default.asp?rID=561&ID=1232&path=12,21,14,2395,1232&cuiID=42. We also got along really well and ended up chatting for quite a while. Nice guy and obviously knows his stuff.
On Thursday 24.8. we had a kick of meeting with a new agency we are starting to work with. I didn´t need to be there as one of my team members is in charge of the project but I think my support and involvement is needed in the beginning. And as I recently have not been involved so much in the project work itself but have concentrated more in managing the team, it is good to notice that I still do have something to give and still know about these things. Sometimes I forget that doing the sometimes bit more booring and distant manager job. Nice reminder and confident booster, if you don´t mind me saying. After the meeting we had drinks with the team and this time I really behaved and just had ONE drink. And when the Cuban flavoured restaurant put on the live duo playing flamenco, it was time for me to go and stop myself dancing and loosing what ever authority I might have had :)
There was also another reason I did not feel like staying too long. Remember the bouncer I gave my number to, back in Salo on that "wild" Monday night out with Pia? He has sent me couple of friendly, but nothing more, messages since. In the middle of the meeting I had a message from him saying that actually he´s son had drowned 3 days after I met him and he was not really keeping in touch with many people but for some reason felt like he wanted to stay in touch with me...! As you can imagine, I was shocked, sitting in a meeting... it was like two different spaces clashing, really. I obviously offered to listen to him if he wanted to talk about it but he said he wasn´t up for it and just wanted to send me messages every now and then, for the time being... I really got quite upset and confusend and didn´t know what to think... To have a child die before you is heavy stuff and I wasn´t sure how I fitted to the picture, after having talked to the guy once... But I guess he just felt more comfortable "talking" about it to someone who is an outsider and not involved... On the following day he´s messages got just a bit more flirty, bad choice of word in this context but cannot come up with a better one, and I made it clear to him that I was now involved with someone and could only offer a shoulder to cry on, nothing more. Let´s see how the story continues...
Friday I was working from home, watched a movie and stuffed my face with a big plate of take away sushi. And now it is Saturday morning and I´m here writing to you guys and waiting for my new, proper and flat, TV to be delivered. I just cannot go on with the 14" TV with my DVD addiction!
Speak soon, Anne
I was supposed to fly to Hamburg on my last holiday weekend to check out another one of our Trends events but with all the fuss and hassle at the airports, I decided to cancel my trip. Which meant two things: 1) I wound not see Anni and Hans, my "German parents"; the lovely couple I stayed with when lived for a year in Germany early 90´s. When ever I go to Germany, I try to visit them as they are getting old and I love them to pieces. 2) I would have a very quiet weekend as my friends are still on hols. Which was not all bad after such an active holiday. I went for long walks wandering around London, had some retail therapy, bit of rollerblading, watched 4 DVDs (with all the bonus materials!) ... even did some cleaning and washing up. It was a good chance to wind down and get ready for going back to work.
Monday 14.8. - first day at work. Best ever, must confess. I had such a lovely and long holiday that I felt I had been away for 6 months and was really ready and happy to go back and see everyone and get back in action. I even started to irritate myself as I was being so cheerful and happy at the office! I was also lucky that the couple of first days at the office were not too hectic and I had a nice and gentle start.
I had left my car at the office car park for the 4 weeks so I needed a lift back. The same colleague that had given me a ride back going to hols, was kind enough to drive me back as well. It was hilarious; we both went on hols feeling miserable being Bridget Jones´s and we both came back having found someone special into our lives. We were comparing notes like only girls can! Both feeling over the top and happy-happy-happy. It´s amazing how life takes these turns and changes just like that.
On Tuesday 15.8., after a days work in the office, I met my friend with the summer house in Kokkila, Leena, for dinner in Notting Hill (at Churchill´s Arms http://www.london-eating.co.uk/360.htm, great food but bad service; they give you an hour to eat and then you´re out - yes, it is that popular...). She was here for work, shooting some campaign. She also has found someone special in her life and this time we were comparing notes on surviving a long-distance relationship. Tricky!
On Wednesday we had a all-day team meeting at the office. It was good to have everyone back and together again. I have a great team with great skills and great personalities. The best. We also welcomed a new team member, Jeff, on board. I ended up giving him a lift back to London and having dinner with him around the corner from my place. A very nice place with Spanish type of menu and great service, Kensington Place, http://www.restaurant-guide.com/details/default.asp?rID=561&ID=1232&path=12,21,14,2395,1232&cuiID=42. We also got along really well and ended up chatting for quite a while. Nice guy and obviously knows his stuff.
On Thursday 24.8. we had a kick of meeting with a new agency we are starting to work with. I didn´t need to be there as one of my team members is in charge of the project but I think my support and involvement is needed in the beginning. And as I recently have not been involved so much in the project work itself but have concentrated more in managing the team, it is good to notice that I still do have something to give and still know about these things. Sometimes I forget that doing the sometimes bit more booring and distant manager job. Nice reminder and confident booster, if you don´t mind me saying. After the meeting we had drinks with the team and this time I really behaved and just had ONE drink. And when the Cuban flavoured restaurant put on the live duo playing flamenco, it was time for me to go and stop myself dancing and loosing what ever authority I might have had :)
There was also another reason I did not feel like staying too long. Remember the bouncer I gave my number to, back in Salo on that "wild" Monday night out with Pia? He has sent me couple of friendly, but nothing more, messages since. In the middle of the meeting I had a message from him saying that actually he´s son had drowned 3 days after I met him and he was not really keeping in touch with many people but for some reason felt like he wanted to stay in touch with me...! As you can imagine, I was shocked, sitting in a meeting... it was like two different spaces clashing, really. I obviously offered to listen to him if he wanted to talk about it but he said he wasn´t up for it and just wanted to send me messages every now and then, for the time being... I really got quite upset and confusend and didn´t know what to think... To have a child die before you is heavy stuff and I wasn´t sure how I fitted to the picture, after having talked to the guy once... But I guess he just felt more comfortable "talking" about it to someone who is an outsider and not involved... On the following day he´s messages got just a bit more flirty, bad choice of word in this context but cannot come up with a better one, and I made it clear to him that I was now involved with someone and could only offer a shoulder to cry on, nothing more. Let´s see how the story continues...
Friday I was working from home, watched a movie and stuffed my face with a big plate of take away sushi. And now it is Saturday morning and I´m here writing to you guys and waiting for my new, proper and flat, TV to be delivered. I just cannot go on with the 14" TV with my DVD addiction!
Tomorrow I´m going to see a musical called Avenue Q www.avenueq.com with a colleague from the States... might have to go for a drink after the show as well :)
Hope you all have a nice weekend and are feeling happy and content with your lives!Speak soon, Anne

3 Comments:
Who is this someone special in your life!!!????
Anne sä oot lätkässä. Älä pidä mua tunteettomana homona, mutta onko sulla faktaa pojan hukkumisesta, vai onko kyseessä vähän mauttomampi vedätys?
joo, kyllä se on totta. valitettavasti...
Post a Comment
<< Home