London with Konu - day 1
On Monday 7.8. I took Konu, my god-son, with me and we flew to London. Every summer I try to spend some quality time with him and this time it was time to explore London together. The flight was good and I showed him some of the priviledges of having a Finnair gold card. He was most impressed by the free chocolate you can eat in the VIP lounge. I personally think it is one of the best benefits as well :)
Tuesday was a good touristic day. We started by having breakfast at the close-by cafe Diana. I live very close to the Kensington Palace, where Diana used to live. It´s right on a road which is said to be one of the most expensive roads in the world. Yep, that´s my new neighborhood :)

Konu at Cafe Diana
We then walked across Hyde Park to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosauruses http://www.nhm.ac.uk/ .
Me and Konu at the Kensington Palace gate
Me and the dino at the back (yes, at the back, not the one in pink)
I managed to pursue Konu to try some sushi at Yo!Sushi (not his favourite, yet!).
We then spent a good couple of hours browsing through Harrods http://www.harrods.com/ . Toy section is really quite entertaining there.

Konu at the Harrods food stalls.
We then had to find good store for looking for video games and DVD´s, of course, and headed to the Virgin Megastore at Piccadilly. Then managed to have a couple of hours rest and watching one of the new DVD´s before rushing to the Embankment to see a really funny and entertaining show, the Stomp at Vaudeville teatre www.stomp.co.uk . It was hilarious and Konu seemed to really like it too. Great day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home