Lovely Sunday in London
The show yesterday, Avenue Q, was absolutely hilarious!! We were all just wetting ourselves. And what a talent! 5 stars from me!
Had an unexpectedly nice Sunday in London (20.8. that is) . Slept really late and started the day by watching a DVD, testing my new flat screen TV :) I can tell you it took a while to get all the cables in place and some sort of a decent picture on it... But now it is clear and crisp. I felt like doing nothing but then decided I should get some fresh air and exercise and decided to go for a walk. And so I did.
I walked through Hyde Park (the passage with lots of flowers) to the Buckingham Palace, along the water in St. James´s Park to the Westminster Abbey (very nice!), around the corner of Big Ben across Thames to the London Eye and then along the South Bank to the Tate Gallery. It was really nice, lots of people, street artists, music and so on. And a good walk as well!
I´m not a big fan of modern art but must say that Tate Gallery (www.tate.org.uk) was a really nice surprise. The building itself is really airy and engaging (it´s built in an old power plant) and some of the works were actually really interesting. Especially a piece of multimedia by Christian Marclay composing using hundreds of movie clips and their music to create a really unique experience. Difficult to explain but it really impressed me. Then you obviously have your Picassos, Miros, Chagalls, Pollocs, Warhols etc. I can´t remember the last time I would have enjoyed an art museum like I did today (maybe it´s because my expectations were almost non-existent :)
Part of painting by Juan Uslé (I usually am drawn to paintings that I like the colors... yes, I´m that simple :)
Female artists trying to get more exposure.
And here´s the most contemporary piece I found from the ladies - wisdom in the toilet:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home