Saturday, October 28, 2006

Finland again

flew to Finland on the Sunday 15.10. night and stayed at my friends Anne-Marjut´s house for the night. She had been busy all evening baking all sorts of pies and I felt very welcome, as always. Thank you darling!

On Monday I had meetings at Nokia house and in the evening I drove to Salo and went straight to see my oldest friend, Marika, at her parents house, where she was dog-sitting as she now lives in Helsinki. She had told me a week before that she had gotten married and was pregnant, just like that, out of the blue. I was surprised and very happy for her. We had a good chat about the modern family set ups and what challenges might come along building those. It was so good to see her again!

Sari, myself and Marika
On Tuesday 17.10. I was working from home, until in the afternoon my nieces, Emmi and Emppu, rang the bell and came to surprise me. They helped me to rake some leaves from the garden and then I walked with them to their home in Halikko, nice & crispy autumn walk. Rest of the week was pretty much just work, both in Espoo and from home.

On Thursday I did have a nice dinner in Helsinki with Paula. I didn´t see much of Jussi as he had the kids and they were busy doing their things.

On Friday 20.10. I got happy news from Spain; my ex Manuel had become a father to a beatiful baby girl!! I was really happy for him but obviously bit sad and down for myself... I guess that´s normal, isn´t it. Anyway, i´m very happy for him and hope to see the baby soon!


Ladies and gentleman, Daniela del Real!
Saturday, bit of shopping and a quick lunch at Antonio with Jussi and the kids. In the evening, my sister Mari invited some of her girlfriends for a girls night out. We started with a candle party (you know, the kind of Tupperware thing but for candles...), followed by vodka jellies and stuffing our faces. I managed to talk my sister Mari to come with me to bit of Salo by night and we ended up dancing in the now famous Paradise Garden. I even convinced her, and myself for the first time in 15 years, to go and sing some karaoke!! We did a Finnish song from Mamba - Tyttö tuollainen. And we both refused to keep the microphone close to our mouth, must admit I enjoy the interpreteation more than the singing. We also hooked up with couple of guys from out of town and danced the night away with them. Good fun but nothing more - I swear!


Girls and the jelly shots!

Sunday 22.10. was a typical hangover day, chinese take away, DVDs and just being dead tired. In the evening Jussi came over for a sauna and a movie. It´s been bit awkward between us recently... and we are still avoiding to talk about it... On Monday evening Jussi drove me to Tervakoski, where I went for a 3 day leadership training course. The course was good, I felt I was actually learning things about myself. I was back in Salo on Thursday evening and Jussi came to spend the night at my place. Still no talking...

On Friday was a big day in Salo as the new shopping center was opened. It even hit the national news as some pensiner was injured rushing to get a free umbrella. That will give something to talk about in the cafeterias for the retired people for months!!

On Saturday we celebrated the engagement of my friend Marja to Hannu. I drove to Kaarina with Mari + family and we had a really nice. Young love is beatiful!

Hannu, Marja and me

Sunday 29.10., it was time to pack my bags and hit back home to London. On the way back I stopped by my uncle´s home, together with Mari and Dave and the girls. Again, love these family affairs :)

Once I was home in London, we finally had that chat with Jussi and decided to break up, it just wasn´t working. I was very sad and disappointed but what can you do... not force it, that´s for sure. And that´s probably why I´ve been really behind with my blog as I have not really been in the mood for writing and sharing my misery... but I will get there one day. I hope.

Take care my sweeties,
Anne

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Force will be with you, Anne.

10:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home