Friday, October 13, 2006

38 km in the meter

Monday 2.10.06, the day when I got my brand new car. Yippii! It´s a golden Toyota RAW4 and it is indeed very nice!

Dave´s father Den spared a whole day and took me to the harbour in Tilbury to pick it up. Thanks Den!! Everything went really smoothly and quickly. I was expecting to be running around from counter to counter and being told that I did not have the right documents with me but no, I got the car in 5 minutes. I was quite stunned, really.

The car does feel still bit strange and I´m bit consious driving it as it seems quite big and the steering wheel is on the left side (which is on the wrong side here) but I will get used to it quickly, I´m sure. The manual gearbox seems bit strange again as well (had an automatic for the last year). But love driving it!

In the the afternoon I left the car at Gill´s and Den´s house and took a taxi to the airport. Yep, flying to Finland again for a week. Bye bye, my new car!

Here´s me and the new baby:

At the Powney drive in Frimley

The car had 38km in the trip meter when I got it!!! Here it´s already 168km - how often do you see that in your car :))

Take care sweeties,
Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home