Hello from Singapore
Hello from Singapore! I´m here for a training course and on Thursday I´ll fly to Bali for few days winter break. Sometimes life just sucks :)
Singapore is one of my favourite cities in the world; it´s easy for a foreigner as everyone speaks english, people are polite and helpfull, food is great and the nightlife is like no where else. Perhaps that´s why I´ve been out everynight from Saturday to Wednesday:
Saturday - dinner with a colleague, Alison, at the Boat Quay and few drinks at Ink, the bar at our hotel www.rafflesplaza.com
Sunday - dinner with other colleagues and few more drinks at Ink
Monday - we had a course dinner at a very nice chinese called www.chinaclub.com and after that the boys literally dragged me to a night club New Asia on the 72nd floor...
Tuesday - we organised to go for a great seafood dinner at the No Signboard Seafood at the Esplanade mall and again, ended up clubbing (went to www.zouk.com and www.stjamespowerstation.com).
Wednesday was the final party and we had the biggest ever tiger prawns at the Newton Circle food market (the best ones are at stall nro 76 - they were huge!). After dinner we went to the regular expat hangout at the Hayat hotel, the Bricks and then again to the multi nightclub complex StJames´s Power Station. The thing I really like about Singapore is that everyone is an expat or on business travel and it is easy to get to know people. This time one of our guys got talking to this black guy from the States who then came along with us. He also took us to the last destination of the night, the Devils Eye (or something) which was quite underground and very very local... But still, great night out with lots of dancing and getting to know some really nice people.
If you´re going to Singapore, other recommendations for e.g. lunch for sushi lovers are either www.sushitei.com at the Raffles City mall or www.tatsui.com at the Chijmes. As you know, I´m mad about sushi and Singapore doesn´t fail me in that either.
Thank god I´m going to Bali now - it´s time for a serious detox!!
Big kiss to everyone,
Anne
Dinner at No Signpost Seafood - I had frog for the firts time; ok but not my new favourite :) It´s me, Andrzej, Jonathan, Kasia, Marko, Richard and Martin.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home