Week 8 - perfect combination!
Hello again!
This week has been a nice mix of interesting work and casual social occasions. My ideal combination really!
On Mon 19.2. we had one of our all day team meetings at the Southwood office. These meetings are always really intense for me as we don´t really do breaks, except a short one for lunch, and I really need to be engaged and listen to all the presentations and conversations. You know, usually you just listen to the bits that directly affect your work but as a team leader, it all conserns me and I always end up talking too much anyway. Must learn to ask more questions instead of trying to answer them! Perhaps the meeting room was bad as well, but I was absolutely exhausted after the meeting and my brain was total mash... I was happy that I managed the drive back home safe and the best social occasion for Monday night was my brief encounter with the pizza delivery guy :)
On Tuesday we had an all day youth marketing workshop with a new agency we have started to work with. These are always super interesting and good places for networking and getting to know new people. Afterwards I ended up for couple of drinks and a dinner with 2 of my team mates. We should really do this more often! Very nice indeed.
Wednesday was a day in the office and for the evening I had invited myself for a meal at my new old friend´s Hanni´s home. You know how much I love family occasions so it was nice to have home made chili with Hanni and her family. I cannot remember if I told you already the story behind Hanni&co; we actually are old neighbours from the time I lived a tiny village called Muurla in Finland! And here we are, both working in England, based in the same building! It still amazes how small the world is. Hanni had a friend from Finland stay over as well and I ended up booking tickets for next week to see the world´s longest running theatre play, Mousetrap, with her. I´ve been wanting to go and see it for ages and now it´s all organised. Perfect!
On Thursday I had a meeting at the Electric bar in Portobello Rd, which was convenient as I could do my grocery shopping on the way back at the market :) In the evening we got together with few Nokia people for a dinner and drinks at the Zilli Fish and Jewels bar, both old acquaintances from my previous posts :) It was a great example of Nokia connecting people, mix of new and old friends, chatting away. One of us brought along a non-Nokia friend, a Finn and a banker, and he was just hilarious; talking non stop, pretending he was sooo English and not really from Tampere. I think he´s friend was slighly embarrassed but we can take it :)
On Friday it was our turn to have another all day workshop and meeting at the Hilton hotel at Heathrow. This time it was around music marketing and again, utterly interesting. Afterwards 4 of us ended up sharing a taxi back to London and we had a quick bite and a cheeky drink around the corner from my house, at the Churchill´s Arms, another place I´ve introduced you to before. I´m so lucky to work with so many nice and clever people around the world, it really is a bliss! We were throwing around ideas for the next big reality tv show and how we could turn that into content for Nokia :)) Honestly, we made a very good job NOT only talking about work.
Must say, it was a very nice working week and I´m afraid to admit this to even myself, I´m starting to like London more and more.... that´s really not convenient right now and it is messing up with my plans and head... I think it is because I´ve finally had some time here to do things here and hang out with people, in a word; less travelling. All I can say, is my motto for life; let´s see what happens! (and for those of you who are trying to read between the lines, this is not a coded message to anyone, it´s just an update and observation on my little life :)
Hope you´ve had a good one as well,
Anne
This week has been a nice mix of interesting work and casual social occasions. My ideal combination really!
On Mon 19.2. we had one of our all day team meetings at the Southwood office. These meetings are always really intense for me as we don´t really do breaks, except a short one for lunch, and I really need to be engaged and listen to all the presentations and conversations. You know, usually you just listen to the bits that directly affect your work but as a team leader, it all conserns me and I always end up talking too much anyway. Must learn to ask more questions instead of trying to answer them! Perhaps the meeting room was bad as well, but I was absolutely exhausted after the meeting and my brain was total mash... I was happy that I managed the drive back home safe and the best social occasion for Monday night was my brief encounter with the pizza delivery guy :)
On Tuesday we had an all day youth marketing workshop with a new agency we have started to work with. These are always super interesting and good places for networking and getting to know new people. Afterwards I ended up for couple of drinks and a dinner with 2 of my team mates. We should really do this more often! Very nice indeed.
Wednesday was a day in the office and for the evening I had invited myself for a meal at my new old friend´s Hanni´s home. You know how much I love family occasions so it was nice to have home made chili with Hanni and her family. I cannot remember if I told you already the story behind Hanni&co; we actually are old neighbours from the time I lived a tiny village called Muurla in Finland! And here we are, both working in England, based in the same building! It still amazes how small the world is. Hanni had a friend from Finland stay over as well and I ended up booking tickets for next week to see the world´s longest running theatre play, Mousetrap, with her. I´ve been wanting to go and see it for ages and now it´s all organised. Perfect!
On Thursday I had a meeting at the Electric bar in Portobello Rd, which was convenient as I could do my grocery shopping on the way back at the market :) In the evening we got together with few Nokia people for a dinner and drinks at the Zilli Fish and Jewels bar, both old acquaintances from my previous posts :) It was a great example of Nokia connecting people, mix of new and old friends, chatting away. One of us brought along a non-Nokia friend, a Finn and a banker, and he was just hilarious; talking non stop, pretending he was sooo English and not really from Tampere. I think he´s friend was slighly embarrassed but we can take it :)
On Friday it was our turn to have another all day workshop and meeting at the Hilton hotel at Heathrow. This time it was around music marketing and again, utterly interesting. Afterwards 4 of us ended up sharing a taxi back to London and we had a quick bite and a cheeky drink around the corner from my house, at the Churchill´s Arms, another place I´ve introduced you to before. I´m so lucky to work with so many nice and clever people around the world, it really is a bliss! We were throwing around ideas for the next big reality tv show and how we could turn that into content for Nokia :)) Honestly, we made a very good job NOT only talking about work.
Must say, it was a very nice working week and I´m afraid to admit this to even myself, I´m starting to like London more and more.... that´s really not convenient right now and it is messing up with my plans and head... I think it is because I´ve finally had some time here to do things here and hang out with people, in a word; less travelling. All I can say, is my motto for life; let´s see what happens! (and for those of you who are trying to read between the lines, this is not a coded message to anyone, it´s just an update and observation on my little life :)
Hope you´ve had a good one as well,
Anne

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home