Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back to Camelot

This week I was back to Finland, mainly for the final reporting day of the Camelot training that took me earlier to France and Singapore. I flew to Finland on Monday 5.6.07 night, just to find that it was freeeeezing here, -20C when I walked out the airport. Obviously, I had not looked at any weather reports and was happily running around in my english winter gear which is pretty useless in -20C... Luckily these days you can avoid being outdoors and I was fine in my Hertz car :)

On Tuesday, in addition to hanging out with one of the groups at Hilton Kalastajatorppa, I had a nice dinner with my friend Paula. It´s the season for blinis right now and we both were dying to stuff our faces with those so we booked a table in a nice Russian restaurant, Bellevue and flushed the blinis with salmon roe, sour cream and chopped onions with some champagne. That´s dining with style :) www.ravintolaopas.net/bellevue/


Wednesday was the reporting day and we heard presentations from all 5 groups. Surprisingly interesting. In the evening we had our graduation dinner at Restaurant Nuevo www.royalravintolat.com/nuevo, then some drinks at Klaus K http://www.designhotels.com//hotels/europe/finland/helsinki/klausk and then ended up dancing the night away at www.luxnightclub.fi. It was the same gang again and it was a blast!! Thanks guys for great night out!!

My first ever diploma!!


The group foto :)


Me and Alison starting the night at the Kalastajatorppa lobby. She´s great!

During Thursday 8.2.07 I drove to Salo to find that my house had turned into an iglu! I´ve had the heating turned down a bit (!) while the house is empty and I can tell you it takes few days to warm it up from +18 to +22. I was freezing the firts couple of days!!! On Thursday evening, the sweetest thing again, my god-daughter Emmi called me again and asked if I would come around for the fresh bread she and her sister Emilia were going to bake that night. Aaahhhh, it was good to be home....!!!

On Friday I worked from home and went to the hairdresser. All pretty standard stuff. I did have lunch with Jussi, which was nice ;) In the evening I popped down to my mom´s place to see the new kitchen and give her her birthday hug - she is turning 65 now. My dear sweet mom!

On Saturday I was just hanging out with my other sister Mari and her 2 girls and we were desperately trying to think of things to do when it is -20 outside and you don´t really want stay home either. Not easy in Salo! At the end we ended up having our standard coffee break at the local mall, Plaza, and then ended up at my place to see the Snow White on video. In the evening I warmed up my lovely sauna (and was afraid I was going to burn down the whole house as the flames were climbing up the chimney far further up that I was expecting...!) and then had a dinner with one of the nicest people I know, Varpu, at a new restaurant in Salo, called Vida, www.ravintolavida.fi. The company was great, food was interesting, and the waiters cute :o) Afterwards we went for one more drink to the local Irish bar, Molly´s and I must say it was livelier than I expected. This time I was a good girls and just had one drink and no more.

On Saturday I felt I should have been in two places as my dearest friend in Spain, Masha, was having her big 5.0. birthday in Spain that night! I really wish I could have been there to give her a big hug! I hope she got my present in time instead. And that they had a great party (which they always do!). Big kiss Masha darling!! You can read all about it here: http://mashalloyd.blogspot.com/

I´m now writing this blog while waiting to go to my mother´s birthday coffee around the corner in couple of hours. Before that I thought I´d go for a walk as it is only -7C now :)

Have a good one,
Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home