Quiet week with touch of partying
Hello sweetie pies!
For a change, it´s been a pretty quiet week. Nice, for a change.
On Monday (22.1.07) I had a nice and interesting dinner with Pauliina, a friend from one of our agencies, in a New Zeelandian restaurant at the Marylebone Hg St, called Providores www.theprovidores.co.uk . Very chilled, friendly service and good food. Another recommendation for you all :)
On Tuesday I was working at the Soho Hotel (www.sohohotel.com), having meetings with my boys (that shounds bit dubious, doesn´t it...??). It´s a great place with a very pleasant restaurant and they were very tolerant about us having our laptops and papers all over the place. Nice working environment.
On Wednesday I was working from home and in the evening I walked around Kensington to get a bit of fresh air (and finally bought a vacuum cleaner - it really has been a quiet week if I feel the need to share this with you :))
On Thursday I was working from home again but had a couple of nice breaks from work; I had a nice, chatty lunch with an old friend from Salo, Minna, she was in town for work and it was really nice to catch up as we haven´t seen for a long time. Minna started at Nokia a year after me 10 years ago (!) and somehow we have so many similarities that she feels like a distant sister... weird. We even apparently look bit the same... She´s a sweetheart and it was good to spend some time with her. I walked back to Notting Hill from Paddington as I´m trying to make an efford to get my bit of fresh air and exercise when ever I´m not travelling my head off. In the evening I went to see one of the Oscar nominated movies, Babel, with a colleague. We had a nice chat over sushi before the movie so it was a really nice evening.
On Friday I had another meeting in a close-by pub. As you can see, we avoid going to the office as much as we can and have our meetings in London to save time on the road and get inspired by the city life :) In the evening some colleagues had organised a night out and few of us, the brave and the up-beat :) got together at www.onanon.co.uk. Must say the place was a dump but it was nice to get to know some new colleagues and at the end of the night even got someone nice to dance with :)
Saturday was very laid back as well, bit of shopping around and another party in the evening. This time it was Pilar´s birthday (friend of a friend) in Waterloo at a salsa club called www.cubana.co.uk. Not a real success but nice to get out a bit in London. Sunday followed the same routine, finally slept really late and then went for a bit more shopping and watched a movie. Very relaxed and chilled.
That´s all for now - see ya later,
Anne
Petra and me with a new friend at Cubana
For a change, it´s been a pretty quiet week. Nice, for a change.
On Monday (22.1.07) I had a nice and interesting dinner with Pauliina, a friend from one of our agencies, in a New Zeelandian restaurant at the Marylebone Hg St, called Providores www.theprovidores.co.uk . Very chilled, friendly service and good food. Another recommendation for you all :)
On Tuesday I was working at the Soho Hotel (www.sohohotel.com), having meetings with my boys (that shounds bit dubious, doesn´t it...??). It´s a great place with a very pleasant restaurant and they were very tolerant about us having our laptops and papers all over the place. Nice working environment.
On Wednesday I was working from home and in the evening I walked around Kensington to get a bit of fresh air (and finally bought a vacuum cleaner - it really has been a quiet week if I feel the need to share this with you :))
On Thursday I was working from home again but had a couple of nice breaks from work; I had a nice, chatty lunch with an old friend from Salo, Minna, she was in town for work and it was really nice to catch up as we haven´t seen for a long time. Minna started at Nokia a year after me 10 years ago (!) and somehow we have so many similarities that she feels like a distant sister... weird. We even apparently look bit the same... She´s a sweetheart and it was good to spend some time with her. I walked back to Notting Hill from Paddington as I´m trying to make an efford to get my bit of fresh air and exercise when ever I´m not travelling my head off. In the evening I went to see one of the Oscar nominated movies, Babel, with a colleague. We had a nice chat over sushi before the movie so it was a really nice evening.
On Friday I had another meeting in a close-by pub. As you can see, we avoid going to the office as much as we can and have our meetings in London to save time on the road and get inspired by the city life :) In the evening some colleagues had organised a night out and few of us, the brave and the up-beat :) got together at www.onanon.co.uk. Must say the place was a dump but it was nice to get to know some new colleagues and at the end of the night even got someone nice to dance with :)
Saturday was very laid back as well, bit of shopping around and another party in the evening. This time it was Pilar´s birthday (friend of a friend) in Waterloo at a salsa club called www.cubana.co.uk. Not a real success but nice to get out a bit in London. Sunday followed the same routine, finally slept really late and then went for a bit more shopping and watched a movie. Very relaxed and chilled.
That´s all for now - see ya later,
Anne

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home