Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Me, Richie and Jon

Sunday 24.6.07 was every Bon Jovi fans dream come true (not that I´ve been a huge fan after the eighties...). After a very non typical midsummer weekend in London (instead of summer house and bonfire I just got some korvapuusti buns from http://www.nordicbakery.co.uk/), I got last minute VIP tickets for Bon Jovi´s gig opening the new O2 Arena in London (http://www.theo2.co.uk/ previously known as the London Dome). I went with Petra, Afdhel and his friend.

We got the tickets in the band´s (!!!!) suite and saw the show pretty much alone in our box, of course with a buffet and drinks. Afterwards I could not believe my luck as the talent agency that we got the tickets from (CAA from Hollywood) got us to the private afterparty with the band and I got my photo taken with both Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi!!! How cool is that!!!

Richie was always my favourite and I still get the vibes from Living on the Prayer and what ever Richie is doing in that song with the thing in his mouth...! He did look bit old on stage but close-by he actully did not look that bad (he´s had few visits to the surgery thoug... perhaps something he picked up from once girlfriend Cher...). And the man knows his guitar. And what about Jon then; he was pure sex on the stage, wow!!! In person he was ok as well, fit as a fit thing on a fit day :o)

Richie had a moment to talk to us as well, just reminding us that they´ve been in the business for 26 years now and are really looking forward seeing how the fans take their new album. Jon just had time for couple of photos and then he rushed back to talk to a gorgeous brunette :) Poor guy was totally corned by all the women wanting to have their photo taken with him... I guess it goes with the territory and the compensation is relatively good :))

What a night, topped up with a great ride through London by night - thanks Af for taking us home!

Me with Richie Sambora, Petra, Afdhel and his friend


Me and Jon Bon Jovi!!!!


Petra and me watching the show from our box - all smiles!


A blurry picture of us and Jon (thanks Candy for trying and getting my second 1-to-1 shot :)


The growd at O2 Arena opening night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home