Dinners and Spamalot
On Monday 5.3.07 I worked again from my home sofa, giving the two fingers to ergonomics and well-being of my neck and shoulders :o) In the evening I had a nice dinner with a Russian colleague of mine at the King´s Road, in a trendy asian restaurant Eight over Eight (www.ricker-restaurants.com) . Again nice chat and nice food :)
On Tuesday I stopped by at my old neighborhood, Twickenham, on the way back from the office to have a dinner with my old neighbors, Lee and Steve. They took me to a modest looking local Indian restaurant but the menu seemed very authentic and the food was really good. Lee is an artist and I´m very excited that she has promised to paint me a picture!I get to choose the color scheme and theme and it´s all very exciting - I´m going to get my very first peace of real art. I chose the Pathway but bit warmer colors :) http://www.leecampbell.co.uk/catalogue.html . They´ve promised to come and see me in Finland sometime later and I do hope I get to show them the magical midsummer light and perhaps even inspire Lee to paint something around it :)
On Wednesday I went to see musical called Spamalot (www.montypythonsspamalot.com). It´s based on Monty Pythos movie and it was absolutely hilarious. The stage techniques were impressive and we did have a good laugh. As a bonus we ended up having our pre-theatre dinner at the Ivy´s!!! We realised that it was just around the corner from the theatre and my friend Kiti suggested we´d try to get in. I though it was not going to work as I thought you need to book a table weeks ahead. But no; as we only had an hour for the meal, we got a table and were very positively surprised. The deco was old and authentic, prices moderate and food very good. Kiti was specially enjoying the fish an chips at the legendary Ivy`s :)) Splendid!!
Me in from of the Palace Theatre
On Tuesday I stopped by at my old neighborhood, Twickenham, on the way back from the office to have a dinner with my old neighbors, Lee and Steve. They took me to a modest looking local Indian restaurant but the menu seemed very authentic and the food was really good. Lee is an artist and I´m very excited that she has promised to paint me a picture!I get to choose the color scheme and theme and it´s all very exciting - I´m going to get my very first peace of real art. I chose the Pathway but bit warmer colors :) http://www.leecampbell.co.uk/catalogue.html . They´ve promised to come and see me in Finland sometime later and I do hope I get to show them the magical midsummer light and perhaps even inspire Lee to paint something around it :)
On Wednesday I went to see musical called Spamalot (www.montypythonsspamalot.com). It´s based on Monty Pythos movie and it was absolutely hilarious. The stage techniques were impressive and we did have a good laugh. As a bonus we ended up having our pre-theatre dinner at the Ivy´s!!! We realised that it was just around the corner from the theatre and my friend Kiti suggested we´d try to get in. I though it was not going to work as I thought you need to book a table weeks ahead. But no; as we only had an hour for the meal, we got a table and were very positively surprised. The deco was old and authentic, prices moderate and food very good. Kiti was specially enjoying the fish an chips at the legendary Ivy`s :)) Splendid!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home