Friday, March 02, 2007

McLaren, movies and theatre

I can´t believe, I´m still in London and not travelling anywhere! It´s great actually but bit unusual, really.

This week on Monday 26.2.07 we got to visit the temporary office space we will be moving to for 6 months or so (we all think it´s going to be at least 1 year as things haven´t exactly moved fast when it comes to our workplace resouces...). It´s always nice to see colleagues so it was a nice change from the normal.

On Tuesday we had a workshop which we held in the McLaren Technology center. I´m not really into Formula 1 but even I got excited when they showed us around and got my picture taken sitting at the wheel of one of the cars that Kimi Räikkönen drove (they had all together 5 cars driven by Kimi and Mika Häkkinen). The center itself was like from a James Bond movie, beatiful high tech. I was also amazed to learn that sole purpose of McLaren to exist is to win Formula 1 races. They don´t have share holders to please and profits to make, they just want to win. Quite amazing at these times of quarterly economy and share holder worship.

PIX

On Tue evening we had a nice Italian dinner at www.lacapanna.co.uk in a village called Cobham. The food was very nice for an English restaurant, very good indeed! We were about 15 people from all around Europe and I ended up arguing the secrets and history of pizza again with my Italian colleagues. By now I should know better and never talk about religion, politics and food with people from other cultures :)

On Wednesday we continued our workshop in the hotel we were staying, nothing really interesting there. In the evening I rushed to see a movie with Petra. We saw The Last King of Scotland and must say Forrest Whitaker really earned his Oscar. Good movie and highly recommend it, www.foxsearchlight.com/lastkingofscotland

On Thursday I worked from home and in the evening I went to see Agatha Christie´s play Mousetrap in the St.Martin´s Theatre. It´s the longest running play in the world - it´s the 56th year and they´ve done more than 22.000 shows! Amazing. See more http://www.vpsmvaudsav.co.uk/

Me in front of the theatre
The play itself was bit of a disappointment as it seemed way too over-acted. But still, it was a nice experience and got one more box ticked off :) And I must confess I was almost more impressed by the fact I now know where the world famous restaurant The Ivy is; it´s just accross from the theatre and it´s where all the celebs wine and dine. Even tonight we saw couple of paparazzis shooting away at someone that we didn´t have time to recognise :)


The world famous Ivy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home