Monday, July 02, 2007

Wimbledon

Last week at work. Tying up loose ends. Appraisal discussions. Packing boxes. Leaving drinks. AND top tickets to Wimbledon tennis champs, center court. Thanks Caroline!!!

Leaving drinks with few work mates at a lovely pub close to the office, Hare on the lake. Beatiful place! Thanks Celia, Esther, Mika, Maarit, Anna, Alan & family coming! It was nice to catch up.


Mi querida Esther y yo!! Te voy a echar de menos, cari.


Caroline and me posing by Jarkko Nieminen playing on the field in Wimbledon -07.


Well there´s me again and Jarkko Nieminen. I didn´t quite get to his arms for a proper fan photo so this will have to do :)


This is the famous Wimbledon center court and apparently this year was a historic one in the 75 year history of the Wimbledon tennis tournament; it was played without the roof over the center court. They are renovating the place and the roof will be there next again. Traditionally the weather was terrible again and it was raining day in, day out and they actually had to extend the tournament from usual 2 weeks to 3 weeks due to the rain. I´m not so keen on tennis itself, eventhough I can remember that when we were kids we would watch all the games from Wimbledon, it was still a very exciting experience. I most most impressed about the silence of thousands of people watching the game. Very civilised and calming...

Unfortunately I could not stay for long as I had organised one more round of leaving drinks for the same evening in London, by the river at the Riverside Terrace Cafe, for people at work. It was a Friday night (29.6.) so unfortunately not too many made it. But we had a good laugh with the ones that made it through the wind and found the place (Richard my boss, Atul from the retail team, Kate from our sourcing and later Ifi with his wife Paula and their friends). Also a big sorry for Timo and Caroline who did not find the place and our phones were playing tricks on us... I´ll see you all around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home